Colombo - Kandy
On arrival at the airport, transfer to Kandy hotel (Approximately 137 km. 3 ½ hours). En route visit Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage (Approximately 75 kms. from Colombo).The orphanage was started in 1975 to house the abandoned and the wounded elephants. The number of elephants has increased to more than 65 now; including baby Elephants brought from various parts. The best time to visit is the feeding time from 0930-1000 hrs and 1330-1400 hrs and the bathing time from 1000-1030 hrs and 1400-1430 hrs when all the elephants are taken to the river close by. Later drive to Kandy. Rest of the day is at leisure.
Overnight at the hotel in Kandy
After breakfast at the hotel, commence on a city tour of Kandy, including Upper Lake Drive, Market Square and the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic (4 hrs). Kandy - the hill capital & venue of the annual Perahera. The last stronghold of the Sinhala Kings was finally ceded to the British in 1815. Kandy is an example of the Buddhism’s influence in Sri Lanka today. Temple’s shrines and monasteries keeping alive Buddhist traditions are everywhere. Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic - Ever since 4th Century A.D, when the Buddha’s Tooth was brought to Sri Lanka hidden from sacrilegious hands in an Orissan princess’ hair, the Relic has grown in repute and holiness in Sri Lanka and throughout the Buddhist world. It is considered Sri Lanka’s most prized possession.
Royal Botanical Gardens - Peradeniya - 147 acres in extent; Started in 1374 as a pleasure garden of the Kings of Gampola and Kandy. There are more than 5,000 species of trees, plants and creepers. Some rare and endemic as well as flora from the tropical world are found in the gardens. Spice Garden and Orchid House are popular with tourists. There are 5 Palm Avenues beautifying the gardens, the earliest and tallest Palm Avenue (Royal Palm Avenue) was planted in 1905 and the Double Coconuts from the Seashells Island, with the largest seed of all plants in the world are one such avenue. Rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight at the hotel in Kandy.
Kandy - Bentota
After breakfast at the hotel, proceed to Bentota (approximately 180 Km , 4 ½ hours). Bentota – is the first National Holiday Resort developed by the Ceylon Tourist Board as a planned resort. Water sports facilities are available as in the Beruwela Resort. Many interesting sightseeing tours are possible from here, such as the Turtle Hatchery, Mask Shops, Boat trips on Bentota River etc. Check in the Hotel. Rest of the day is at leisure.
Overnight at the hotel in Bentota
Bentota - Colombo
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Colombo (Approximately 87 Kms. 2 hrs.). In the evening proceed on a city tour of Colombo with shopping. A drive through the city will take you to the busy commercial areas as well as the tree-lined residential, Cinnamon Gardens. Visit Fort, the former British administrative center and military garrison, Sea Street - the Goldsmiths quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area, where is also a Hindu Temple with elaborate stone carvings and the Dutch Church of Wolfendhal dating back to 1749. The historic Dawatagaha Mosque and the former Eye Hospital are two buildings in Cinnamon Gardens worth looking at. Also visit the BMICH, see the replica of Avukana Buddha and the Independence Square. Rest of the day is at leisure.
Overnight at the hotel in Colombo
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the airport to board the flight back home. Return home with wonderful memories of your holiday with Vacations Exotica.
- 2 nights accommodation with breakfast in Kandy
- 1 night accommodation with breakfast in Bentota
- 1 night accommodation with breakfast in Colombo
- City tour of Colombo
- City tour of Kandy
- Transportation by a/c vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur guide for 06 Passengers and a separate English speaking guide above 09 Passengers
- Assistant at the airport
Supplement cost for Entrance Fees ( Per person) /Indian Passport Holders only
USD 40 per Adult for Elephant Orphanage in Pinnawala, Temple of tooth relic, Royal Botanical Garden in Peradeniya, Cultural show in Kandy, Turtle hatchery Kosgoda, Madu River
Peak Period Supplements: (During the Month of August 2016)
Kandy Esela Perehera Supplement (From 08 – 18 August 2016) - USD 30.00 per person
Peak period supplement at The Palms Beruwala – USD 10.00 per person
- Cost of airfare, ticket taxes, visa and travel insurance
- Early check-in & late check-out
- Any expenses of personal nature such as porterage, laundry, wines, mineral water, food and drink not in the regular menu provided by us, mini bar, telephone calls, pay channels etc.
- Camera/video permits
- Entrance fees
- Tips of any nature i.e. drivers, guides etc
- Meals other than what is mentioned in your itinerary
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides availed of by the passengers, other than that mentioned in ‘Package Inclusions’
- Surcharge rates may be applicable on the entire package, depending upon the final date of travel.
- 3.625% Govt. Service
- All arrangements made by Vacations Exotica are in the capacity of an agent only. Vacations Exotica will not be liable for claims or expenses arising from circumstances beyond our control such as accidents, injuries delayed or cancelled flights & acts or forces of nature.
The above package cost is valid for a minimum of 2 adults travelling together.
Certain sightseeing and day tours may be subject to weather conditions or minimum number of passengers before they operate and suppliers may cancel or postpone the date of the tour at short notice. Any changes shall be notified to you at the earliest opportunity.
There is no refund for services not utilized.
Above rates are not valid during public holidays, Christmas, New Year, festivals, events, exhibitions, conference and Conventions. Surcharges are applicable during this period.
Confirmations for all bookings are subject to availability at time of booking
There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to cancel your trip, return home early or force you to seek emergency medical treatment while traveling.
To demonstrate the importance of purchasing travel insurance, and emergency travel services, here are 10 common examples of what could go wrong.
Your first visit to Europe, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
- You're involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help arrange and pay for a medical evacuation?
- If your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
- You arrive in Jamaica and your luggage doesn't. If it's lost, who will help you find it? If it's delayed, who will pay for your necessities? If it's stolen, who will pay to replace it?
- You're walking down a street in Rio and twist your ankle. Who can help you find an English-speaking physician?
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you'll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We're America's leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we're here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available.
The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania insurance company, with its principal place of business at 175 Water Street, New York, NY 10038 and currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. NAIC No. 19445. Coverage may not be available in all states.
Click Below to Get Best Insurance Deal.